How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35065
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My Daughter a police officer, has a loan from Thames Valley

This answer was rated:

My Daughter a police officer, has a loan from Thames Valley Housing Ass under the Key Workers Agreement and it is registered on the Land Registration under that name.
She was recently divorced and the court judgement was that the property was to be put in her name solely, was sent letter to the Housing Ass to remove her husbands name from their Land Registration. Their replied that they had no knowledge of the property being registered to them, yet we have sent a copy of the Land Registration Document highlighting their name and the property. We seem to be getting no response form them as todate they deny any knowledge of the loan or their name being on the Land registration Document.
However my daughter had the loan(£40000) but cannot sell the house until this problem is resolved
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Has your daughter obtained her Conveyancing file from the solicitor who dealt with it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No she wrote to the Ass herself to remove his name from the Housing Agreement as per the Court Instruction.

Does she have any paperwork from the Association regarding the loan?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes we have letters from Thames Valley Housing as follows

1. 1st July 2005 (Eligibility for the Key Workers Scheme)

2. 22nd June 2005( Conditions for Eligibility of loan)

3 3rd Nov 2005 (Awarding her £40000 against 6,Ellson Close)

However they ask for account numbers or reference numbers

Has she not had any annual statements since then?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


No nothing, the annoying thing is they don't respond to her letters, she has had one which they say they don't have knowledge of the address or payment.

It certainly seems that something has gone adrift
The starting point is for your daughter to obtain a copy of the Conveyancing file and all the original documentation so that she has all the necessary information so that the missing account can be traced.
In addition the Land Registry may hold a copy of the signed agreement which should have the number on it
It does seem absurd that your daughter is having to work so hard to pay them what she owes and a formal complaint should also be made about the lack of service she has received
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Thanks for your comments,it gives me another avenue to explore, so I think that was some useful advise to act on.

Thank you for your service no further details will be required

Thank you again

You are most welcome - and I hope all goes well
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you