How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

if a father is not on the childs birth certificate can he force

This answer was rated:

if a father is not on the childs birth certificate can he force a dna test to prove he is the childs father
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes it is possible for the putative father to apply to the court for Declaration of Parentage.
The court will then Order a DNA test - and if the mother refuses it will be assumed that he IS the father and an Order made which will allow his name to be added to the Certificate
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you