How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

The family court has allows me 6 emails and 6 telephone call

This answer was rated:

The family court has allows me 6 emails and 6 telephone call per year to my 2 children aged 12 and 13. The mother has printed the emails and sent them to the Child Support Agency in support of her application for an increase in child support. Is she allowed to send these communications to a 3rd party?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What point are they being used to make?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are being used to demonstrate that my lifestyle would suggest that I earn more money that I have declared. In the letters I would say stuff like "i played golf yesterday" and to her this demonstrates an extravagant lifestyle?


It is an inappropriate se of your emails in very many ways.
As a starting pint they prove nothing - you could be a fantasist painting a happy picture for the children.
More to the point the emails were sent to the children and not to your ex.
Having said that other than raising the matter with the CSA and pointing out that it is inappropriate there is relatively little that you can do
- however as I said they are not of any real assistance to her - but if there is a hearing at the CSA you must challenge her on the matter - and if you do go back to court in the future then be sur eto bring the matter to the attention of the judge
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you