How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my partner an i have a daughter ( Born in the UK and with a

This answer was rated:

my partner an i have a daughter ( Born in the UK and with a UK Passport) , were not married and she is from Moldova . If we spilt up can she take my daughter back to Moldova ?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child and are you named on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She is 5 in July and I'm on the certificate
Neither of you can take the child out of the UK without the agreement of the other parent or an Order from the Court
Given that Moldova is not a signatory of the Hague Convention on Abducted children you may wish to discuss their record on returning children with the charity Reunite
If you think there is a real risk she will remove the child from the Uk then you will need to consider applying for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent her leaving the country.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you