How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35068
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

claire,My solicitor sent me incorrect letter which caused

This answer was rated:

Hi claire,
My solicitor sent me incorrect letter which caused me a relocation when i complained and requested compensation thy refused and terminated my contract through no fault of my own with just weeks left for me to submit a statement and attend hearing. When they terminated the contract they stated nothing in regards ***** ***** keeping the counsel. The complaint response implied everythng was terminated. I recomplained stating if they dont compensate then i will go to legal ombudsman and SRA. They said they will write to me by 18 march. Just today my solicitor emailed me not in regards ***** ***** complaint response as the principal solicitor wil be responding but in regards ***** ***** i still wanted a counsillor for the hearing. I want advice is this a catch. Wil it affect my compensation request
Thank you for your question.
Since you will still have to pay for the Barrister there is no catch - it is just a question to ensure they do not make things worse.
You need to check to see if the Barrister is willing to continue without the solicitor!
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you