How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Since my Decree Absolute I have applied to transfer my mortgage

Customer Question

Since my Decree Absolute I have applied to transfer my mortgage from joint account to sole account holder but was rejected. Therefore I sold my other property and pay off the mortgage for my matrimonial property (still under joint account). The bank has now removed their charge.
Now I need to ensure that my ex does not have any rights to the property but he is refusing to complete a TR1 form (since we bought the property under joint ownership). Does he still have any rights if has agree to transfer his share of the matrimonial property in the consent order? Could I remove his name from the Land registry without his permission? Could you advise me on the process?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Was the Consent order sealed by the court and what specifically does it say about the property?