How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am supposed to attend an FDR on april 1 I am faced with

This answer was rated:

I am supposed to attend an FDR on april 1
I am faced with a calendar conflict that requires me to be elsewhere and puts my job at risk if i dont comply.
My ex does not want to collaborate to reschedule the FDR
What are my options?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Will your employer confirm in writing that they will not release you for the hearing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can arrange that -

Then you will have to make an application to the court for an adjournment and produce your evidence to the court.
Your ex can oppose it if she wishes.
You are likely to face a costs order relating to the adjournment
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is such an application likely to succeed if supported by such a letter?

If the other meeting is truly essential as opposed to just preferred then yes there is a good chance - subject to your paying the costs of the other party
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you