How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If i can not trace my x and take the matter to court to change

Customer Question

If i can not trace my x and take the matter to court to change my sons name how sucsessful are cases that can not trace x and x not having contact but pay maintenance that is paid via deduction of earnings as he does not oay unless its deducted. Also my sib is desparate will the court judge take this into cobsideration?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You will be able to trace him as in the ned if the Private detective cannot do it then the court will do so via so the CSA
The fact that your son wishes to change his name will be of the greatest importance which is why you need the Social Worker to confirm his wishes