How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I live with my wife, 2 childrens 2 years and 7 years old

Customer Question

Hi I live with my wife, 2 childrens 2 years and 7 years old and my mother. My wife does not get on with my mother at all. So she took my childrens to social services saying I hit her. domestic violence. but its not true. she said that so she can get rehousing easily and to get away from my mum. She will not let me see or talk to my childrens. But the fact is my wife hits my 7 year old daughter. Not bad but a slap or push or shove. Im afraid to tell the social services in case they put my childrens in a home. If asked my daughter will confirm her mum hits her and dad never does. Will they put them in a home or will ask me to look after them instead. What is the best way to do this please. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When did she move away?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She moved away 23/03/15 I think they took her to a safe place like a woman shelter for domestic violence

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

23/03/15 They took her to a safe place like womans shelter

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Who has had the day to day care of the children until now?
What have you done about this abuse in the past?
have you checked to see if your daughter is at school?