How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been paying csa of around 280 pm on my annual salary

This answer was rated:

I have been paying csa of around 280 pm on my annual salary of 20,000 PA for 6 years for my two children who I have to two different mothers.
One of my children's mother got re married 10 years ago and they both work full time claiming child tax credit for there other child and possibly mine at the same time.
I have been told that if they got married and both worked and claimed child tax credit that I should NOT have been paying CSA.
I also know that my other child's mother works and claimed child tax credit for working part time.
If this is true would I expect a refund from CSA and how would I go about getting it
Many thanks
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that it is not true,
You are liable to pay Child Maintenance so long as the child is under 20 an din full time secondary education (more than 12 hours a week)
Whether or not your ex has remarried or claimed Tax Credits is not relevant.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you