How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

, have accessed your service before. Had to leave my home

Customer Question

hi, have accessed your service before. Had to leave my home with 2 daughters as ex would not leave. Mortgage with 2 names on, meant only 26 weeks re tax credits. now he has left and I apparently make too much for legal aid (£26,000). As his name still on mortgage and I would not now be able to remortgage, apart from a residency order is there any way of showing that we are separate without selling up in order to access tax credits. I have a loan for £14,000, no overdfaft now , mortgage 190,000 remaining, interest only £375.00 per month, equity approx. £40,000 but market may be more. we were never married.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does your ex now have a separate address?