How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

A friend tells me that her son's wife wants to divorce him;

Customer Question

A friend tells me that her son's wife wants to divorce him; he is unwilling, and there is a 2 or 3-year old child involved. The house is in joint names. What rights does he have, if any?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What income do they each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thanks for your reply. I only check my e-mails towards end of each day.

Will have to get this info.

I have made this enquiry off my own bat, and might be told to leave the matter alone, however, let's see how I get on.


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
That is fine