How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am and have been paying my

Customer Question

Hi I am working in New Zealand. I am and have been paying my eldest son 200 to 300 pounds per month as what was agreed with my ex after I gave her several thousand pounds and a car, and the arrangement to pay through his bank account. Now my son has stated that his mother is going to enforce legal proceedings against me unless I give her 30 thousand pounds, and she states will then leave me alone for good. I cannot get any sense from the CSA its just a constant barrage of threats unless I pay several thousand now. This cannot be, and they ignore the facts. I'm willing to pay say 1000 a month to the mother, and I need to sort this out as I'm going for residency and do not want any issue.
What's my best course of action?
Kind regards
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Where does your son live and how old is he?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare. He's 18, but theres two others 15, and 11 and they live in the UK.


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
When did you separate and were you and your ex married?
Have you actually been contacted by the CSA?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare, December the 10th 2007. Not married co habited. Yes have been contacted by the CSA on several occasions, and have spoken to them in depth. My ex only contacts them when she wants more money. I have paid regularly to my eldest son as with which was agreed, and have given her large sums of money, but they ignore these facts even though I have shown the evidence from bank accounts etc. Ive offered to pay her but she wants one large sum amount of 30 thousand pounds and will then leave me be. I cannot do this, but I'll pay more now as I earn more


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Why do you not pay money into her account and not your son's?