How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35065
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have seperated from my wife (not divorced) we have 5 properties

This answer was rated:

I have seperated from my wife (not divorced) we have 5 properties and we are Tenants in Common 50/50, 3 are rental properties the other 2 are our respective homes, some have debt but collectively there is about £1,000,000 equity , my wife has change her will to leave everything to our 15 year old daughter in trust and she is in the later stages of cancer, could there be a forced fire sale of the properties by the executors of my wifes will?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Who will your daughter live with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she will live with me and my new partner

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my daughter will live with me her farther

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i didn't get an answer
My apologies for the delay.
Technically the Executors could try and force the sale of the properties.
However they would have to show that it is in the financial interests of your daughter for that to happen.
If they could do that then you may instead be able to "trade" properties - so that inly the agreed properties are sold and the others are transferred to your sole name
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you