How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have to make maintenance payments to my ex wife under our

Customer Question

I have to make maintenance payments to my ex wife under our divorce settlement, however since the settlement I have lost my job and have a new baby. I am petitioning for a variation but until this comes through I cant afford the payments. Is there anyway I can reduce payments until the variation comes through?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much were you earning when the order was made and what is your income now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Clare,

THanks for the reply and sorry for the delay. All figures in Swiss Francs as I live and work in Switzerland. Original salary CHF 300,000 including bonus, current salary CHF 168,000 with no bonus.

Hope htis helps, Colin

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
How much is your maintenance payment?