How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35062
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Myself and my wife have been living in a house which is held

Customer Question

Myself and my wife have been living in a house which is held in trust by her cousin. I am not named on the deeds - only my wife and cousin are. The cousin lives most of the time in her main house elsewhere. My wife has recently separated, leaving me in the house. Can she evict me? What right do I have to remain in my home?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You have an absolute right to remain in the Matrimonial home so long as you are married to your wife.
You may indeed acquire the right to remain there even after the Decree Absolute - but only with a Court Order
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details