How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband is divorcing me behaviour. It

This answer was rated:

My husband is divorcing me for unreasonable behaviour. It was not negotiated and listed some very odd unacceptable behaviours! We could have counter petitioned as I discovered his adultery but instead my solicitor wrote a letter saying that we disagreed with the unreasonable behaviour but accepted the divorce. Will this letter be logged in the court records or will it simply say the grounds of the divorce?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
the fact that you did not admit to the allegations but simply chose not to defend them will indeed be noted on the Court record
However the decree nisi will simply say that the divorce is base don your Unreasonable Behaviour - no details at all - and the Decree Absolute says even less, so no one actually has access to the allegations at all
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you