How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

, My partner is going through a divorce, which is not

This answer was rated:

My partner is going through a divorce, which is not amicable when it comes to division of property. He has to go for mediation. Please can you tell me what this involves? She has a solicitor as she's on disability benefit, but my partner can't afford one. Is the mediator attached to her solicitors, or are they an independent agent who remains unbiased? Finally, is my partner vulnerable without having a solicitor in attendance?
Many thanks for your advice.
Kind regards,
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Mediation is a way of trying to resolve matters without going to the court
You can read more here
The Mediator is nothing to do with his ex's solicitor and her solicitor will not be in attendance
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you