How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If I was divorced in Canada and a judgement to pay child

This answer was rated:

If I was divorced in Canada and a judgement to pay child support to my x-wife for children which are not mine biologically or by adoption or other means; nor did I play a parental role in the time we were together. Now that I am the UK, do I still have to pay this unwarranted child support? What happens if I do not?

Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that you remain bound by the Canadian Order and if your ex choses she can apply to enforce the Order here in the UK.
It is not the easiest thing to do - but it is possible and the Uk courts will enforce a Canadian Order if requested to do so
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you