How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter is 16 and lives with her Dad we have joint custody

Customer Question

My daughter is 16 and lives with her Dad we have joint custody she has said she wants to stop seeing me and sent me a solicitors letter telling me she doesn't have to after a disagreement about her college choice, I have a court access agreement from my divorce which her solicitor says is not enforceable because of her age yet I still have to pay maintenance, I want to enforce my access right, what is my position?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am sorry but whilst you remain financially liable for your daughter your Contact Order ended when she was 16 and accordingly there is no basis on which she can be made to see you.
I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details