How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am separated from the father of my two children. We are not married but he is named on

Customer Question

I am separated from the father of my two children. We are not married but he is named on their birth certificates. He has asked for access this weekend, and I suggested that he take my son out for a 4 hour period (I have reason to be concerned about him spending longer periods of time with him as he has history of not attending to his needs well - not changing nappies frequently etc.) and then spend some time with our 4 month old daughter at my home when he returns with our son - he has only seen his daughter a handful of times and I am not comfortable with him taking her off alone until she is used to spending time with him and he has shown he can look after her needs. He has agreed to see our son, and has arranged a suitable car seat for his visit but he is refusing to confirm the visitation times with me. He has hinted that he will keep him for longer if he so desires and is adamant that I should not dictate times ... see below
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is your son?
What contact has he has with the children since you separated?