How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12072
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I was married in Scotland and live there. I've lived apart

This answer was rated:

I was married in Scotland and live there. I've lived apart from my wife for over 5 years now, can I get a quickie divorce?
Thank you for your question.
If you have no children under the age of 16 and there are no financial claims outstanding you can get a quickie divorce by filling in the relevant form and taking it to court with your marriage certificate and paying the current fee.
You can get the form here:
If you have children under 16 or there are financial issues to be resolved you will have to use the ordinary divorce procedure and should see a solicitor.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** my mind at ease. There are no kids and I had already signed the family home over to my wife.