How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

im wanting to get a devorce from my husband and im not sure

This answer was rated:

hi im wanting to get a devorce from my husband and im not sure how to go about it
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Why do you want a divorce?
How long have you been married and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

he had a stroke 5yrs ago and and it was a mild one how ever its left him with signs of demeture he s ok but gets very nasty vurbeley he dosent help me in anyway its like i have a lodger we just dont get a long anymore i do have 3 grown up children from my first partner and we have 1 child together that is 4yrs old.there is an age gap between us im 41 hes 60.ive tryed so hard to help him but he just wont do anything about it to the point it has made me ill.we will ave been married 7yrs this yr

Who owns your home, how much is it worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its council we r both on the tenacy

Who has the day to day care of the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we both do hes at nursery but 2days a week he onley goes in mornings so he has him and on satuardays as i work,he dosent work.but he goes to pub 4days aweek.

Have you thought about what you want to happen after you separate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i want him to move out wich i know he wont im happy for him to see his son as and when he wants to.with in reason.

You can start divorce proceedings based on his Unreasonable Behaviour
You can read more here
Within those proceedings you can eventually apply to the court for an Order dealing with the issue of the house.
However it would be a good idea to try and discuss matters with him using Family mediation
before starting out as you may then be able to reach an agreement on the way forward.
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you