James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

My child's father is on the birth certificate. But he's making

Customer Question

My child's father is on the birth certificate. But he's making life for me very hard, he's verbally abbusive towards me and he's always trying to get me in trouble, if I don't like something he does towards my son and I express this he will call the police on me. He's making it impossible for me to see him when handing over my son. What legal rights do I have over him reguards him seeing his son without me around, he also accuses me of harming my son and dictates when he can see him. Is there a way I can get him out my life without it affecting my son? As well he didn't pay anything to help with costs before my son was born can I claim the money off him now? He's let me bring him up on my own and didn't help me when he was a baby and Ive also had to get him into schools with no input from him, he's not been consistent so does this give me more rights?
How old is the child and what contact does the father have at the moment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He's 3 years old and his father sees him once a week
What is the actual pattern of contact?
How many hours and which days?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Usually about 7 hours a day and it's never a set day he has his son as his days off from work arnt set, but it's normally on a weekend
Can you explain a little more about the conflict between you - why has he called the police?
Does he manage the child well when he has him?