How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

i have been divorced years and i was awarded the

Customer Question

Hi i have been divorced for 13 years and i was awarded the house by the court at the time my son was 10 very sadly my son died in 2010 i have decided to move my ex husband thinks he is entitled to a share of the sale does he have any claim what so ever.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I am so very sorry for your loss and the enduring pain it brings.
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is the exact wording of the Order regarding the house?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure but the mortgage in my name only now and I was awarded it no stipulation of him having a share when my son turned 18 or anything he was given nothing

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Do you still have a copy of the Order somewhere?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.