How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK solicitor
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

me and my family are British citizen originally

This answer was rated:

Dear sir or madam
me and my family are British citizen originally from Iran. We have lived in London for 20 years . Also all of my 4 sisters and brothers and their family are either living in Britain or USA TX .
My mother and father are older and very lonely living in Shiraz_ Iran on their own. they hardly see or visit non of their children or grandchildren . my dad is 75 and mum 65 .
i am their first child and am 50 years old .
i was wondering how i can apply for a long Visa or if i could possibly apply for citizenship for them so they can live with us sometimes while they r still alive . they don't have absolutely no one out there in Iran .
yours sincerely Vida
my email is
Thanks for your patience.
Can they carry out day to day tasks in order to look after themselves?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They r ok but need looking after .
They r not able to look after themselves properly . That's why they have became quiet isolated and sad .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They dont have no formal disability but they are very lonely and they feel isolated and sad
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
It’s difficult to get a visa in these circumstances, but the most appropriate visa would be an Adult Dependent Relatives visa.
Please refer to the section titled “Coming to be cared for - you’re an adult dependent relative“ on the following link, this is what they must apply for:
They have to be unable to look after themselves and carry out day to day tasks without receiving care. Additionally, the care that they require must not be available or affordable in their home country.
You also have to show that you can support and accommodate them without the need to access any more public funds than you already do.
With all of the above you have to be able to prove the various points with documentary evidence showing that they meet each eligibility point.
In the first instance I would look to have a consultation with a local immigration solicitor intiailly, with a view to instructing them to preparing the application and advising you on the necessary supporting documentary evidence that you must collect to support the application.
If they meet the criteria and you are able to prove their eligibility then they should get this visa to come here.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you so much for your very good answer.Smile

because my parents r older and on different medications for blood cloth and blood pressure. i might be able to apply as a carer for them , but thank you for giving me good information.

i will get in touch with them and try to get necessary documents.

yours sincerely VidaSmile

Hi Vida,
You're welcome.
Good luck.