How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34887
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my son is 19 yrs old and will be 20 in October. I have always

This answer was rated:

my son is 19 yrs old and will be 20 in October. I have always paid his maintenance money to his mother since we parted company in 2000 right up until he left college in February of this year. do I or do I not have to pay anymore child support whether he is working part or full time or claiming any government benefits ?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you.
If your son is no longer in full tine (more than 12 hours a week) non advanced (not University) education then you can stop payments immediately
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you