How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My name is***** am originally form Poland. My situation

This answer was rated:

My name is***** am originally form Poland. My situation is very complicated. 15 years ago I have been living in USA where in 2004 I gave birth to my fist child. Her biological father is an American who have his own family. We agreed that I can live wherever I want and he is paying me alimony and every vacation our daughter is spending some time with him in usa. In 2005 I have moved to UK, I have now my own family. In 2006 me and my older daughter went to visit her biological father in usa. Unfortunately he did not had too much time to spend with her. After 2 months I have returned to UK. Since then he stop paying any child support, he did not contact me at all. I was contacting him to get permission to renewal passports and it tools him nearly two years to send me a permission. He did not call, no gifts, letters nothing to our daughter. I did not bother about money as long he did not bother me. Somehow last year he start sending me emails and trying to scare me that I need to come with her to USA or he will take my daughter away from me and that he will apply for full costody in a Hague International Court. Still forgetting that for nearly 9 years he dos not care about her at all. What I can do in this situation? Can I apply for full custody of my daughter here in UK? And what steps I should take? Thank you very much for support
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
is he actually name don her Birth Certificate?
Does your daughter wish to see him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the replay. We are both on the birth certificates and my daughter has his last name but she is thinking to change to my husband last name when she will be 18 years old. She do not want to see her biological father. Saying that he never care about her before. And that her real father always will be my husband who take care of her since she was 13 months old.
Thank you
You have nothing to worry about.
Your ex cannot make any applictaion using the Hague Convention and you do not have to take the child back the USA.
It is up to your daughter what contact she has with her father - and you need do nothing at all.
Your daughter can change her name when she is 16 if she so wishes
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you