How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 26070
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

My Son Girl frend left him after 9 yesrs she is a Councillor

This answer was rated:

My Son Girl frend left him after 9 yesrs she is a Councillor they made an agreement that
my Son let her have the horse stables and he lives in the house on her horse ground is
a GAS Tank to the House she has turned off the gas tank so my son has no hot water and heating in the agreement she agreed to let the gas lorry in to fill the tank she has phoned the gas people and told them that they cannot come on her land .Also on sunday morning a Police man called at our house can I come in and talk to you he had a policeinformation
notice alleged that my wife had phoned RUTH VIGOR HEDDERLY usingthreatening and
abusive language its a LIE my wife did no such thing it was said to be 4or 5 times
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. May I ask does your son own or rent the house he lives in please? If he owns it does he own it in his sole name or jointly with his ex girlfriend?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

he owns it jointly with his ex girlfriend she made an agreement with a lawyer with my son that she would pay 400 pounds a month let the gas lorry on her land if my son gave her the horse land

Thank you. Was your son also represented by a solicitor when this agreement was made?Was the property originally one title and it has been divided up so that his ex now owns part of the land with your son the other including house or does his ex just rent the land she lives on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the agreement is ex made with my son was she would except

450, thousand pounds when the house is sold if he gives her the stables

Thank you. Providing your son has a written agreement with her that he could continue to have access to the land on which the gas tank is located and continue to be supplied with gas from that tank then his ex cannot lawfully prevent access nor can she prevent supply of gas from that tank.Ideally your son would have ensured he retained his own solicitor when negotiating the agreement and that solicitor would have ensured that the above rights were agreed as a deed in the form of legal easements which are capable of registration on the title either then or in the future. This would mean that there soud be no issues when he comes to sell in terms of future supply.However, even if this was not done, providing the agreement was made less than six years ago, he can still enforce those rights by breach of contract against his ex.Accordingly, providing he can point to such rights in a written agreement as you suggest, he can considergiving notice to his ex that he intends to enter the land to reconnect the supply and if necessary fill the tank on [date] and if she prevents access or interferes with his supply again in the future, he will consider applying for an injunction in the County Court in order to order her not to interfere with his rights again in the future.If you find as necessary, he will need to produce evidence of her interference - e.g. a log with dates, photo evidence, and written correspondence etc and applied to the court using form N16A (below) asking for an injuction and costs against his ex not to interfere with supply. regarding the police, false reports to the police can be a criminal offence and if his ex is engaged in submitting false the police may wish to take independent action themselves and in addition your son could potentially claim harassment under the prevention of harassment act. Your wife may wish to contact the police to confirm that she did not make a report and suggest her suspicions as to who may have made a false report in order that the police can investigate further. In addition, your son may wish to make a complaint of harassment if he considers his ex to be responsible for the false report. The police will decide what action if any to take against his ex and may visit her to give her a verbal warning or more. I hope the above is of assistance? If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me I'd be very grateful
Joshua and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
I hope the above is helpful? Can I help you with anything else or has the above answered your questions satisfactorily? If you could drop me a quick message to let me know I'd be very grateful.