How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK solicitor
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

My wife gave birth to my twins in 2007 in the UK and the medical

This answer was rated:

my wife gave birth to my twins in 2007 in the UK and the medical was fully paid for. Now we want to relocate back to the UK, what do we need to do to be eligible for permanent residency?
Thanks for your question.
What nationality are you please?
What nationality is your wife?
What nationality are your children please?
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am a nigerian, my wife is a Nigerian too and so the kids.

What visa were you in the UK on previously?
Did either you or your wife naturalise as UK citizens?
Did either of you obtain "indefinite leave to remain"?
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. we were on Visitor's visa

Thanks. Drafting your answer now. 5 mins please.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
I’m afraid that if neither you or your wife held ILR or UK citizenship then you do not really have any additional visa rights in terms of coming to the UK than other Nigerian citizens.
Because neither of you had ILR/citizenship, your children are not entitled to UK citizenship automatically. The fact that they were born in the UK does not give you any advantage really because of this.
This means that you will have to see if you are able to apply for any of the normal visas, such as:
1. Tier 2 General
2. Tier 1 Entreprenuer
3. Tier 4 Student Visa
4. Tier 1 exceptional talent
I am sorry that you have no additional advantage to apply for visas, but hopefully one of the above will be suitable for you.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you