How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

During the adoption of child to myself and the mother, the

Customer Question

During the adoption of child to myself and the mother, the mother had to stated that she did not know the real father of the child, now she has admitted who the real father is and has known all along who the father is. I have been divorced from the mother for 6 years now but it has come out and I have been paying CSA payments for this child, is this perjury during the adoption process in court has the adoption cost be over £8,000 in legal costs can I claim this money back from her
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child now - and what difference would knowing who the biological father was have made?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I stated the adoption cost £8000 plus CSA payments of a further £8,000 once the child reached 18 years.

She has lied though out the divorce proceedings including getting the oldest daughter to claim sexual harassment against me which lead to a police investigation with no further action and caused issues with my work over the allegations.

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I understand what you are saying about the cost.
What I am asking is whether you would have refused to adopt the child if you had known the name of the father?
If so can you prove that?