How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter is now 23 and her real father is a multimillionaire

Customer Question

My daughter is now 23 and her real father is a multimillionaire who has never paid me a penny in child support. We had DNA tests which proved he is the real father
Can I sue him for not supporting her?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am sorry but it is now too late for you to claim Child Maintenance - no backdated claims are allowed.
If you had made a claim and he had not paid then it might be possible to take enforcement action - but no fresh claim can now be issued
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I asked if I could sue for maintenance not claim backpay
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
My apologies.
She is over 18 so no I am afraid you cannot do so - there is no claim that you can make for his failure to support her