James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

Need to know if mums part of my sister will be considered an

Customer Question

need to know if mums part of my sister will be considered an asset in regards ***** ***** home payment.
I know her savings will. my mum and sister husband and 2 babies (the house is paid for) moved in 11 years ago at the time mum was in perfect health was not done to avoid NH payments. Last month mum had to have full time care. now my sister lives there with family boys now 12 and 14 she was mum primary care giver for aprox 3 years her and husband are responsible for the expense and up keep on the deed mum and sis are joint owners and when mum dies i get her actually is one house impose to sell just mums part plus it is her primary home with 2 boys under 16 and my part time residence and I'm disabled have not worked for 6 years
for clarity - the house is jointly owned by your mother and your sister?