How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My daughter is anorexic and is 12 years old, we have been following

Customer Question

My daughter is anorexic and is 12 years old, we have been following a treatment plan with CAMHS eating disorders team. They have decided that my daughter should be hospitalised to recieve treatment. What are my rights as a parent regarding treatment she has gained weight in in two consecutive sessions but we were told this gain was not enough.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Have you asked for a Second Opinion?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She has been seen by a pediatrician, and they were happy with her physical health although they stated she was thin, they recommended she should see a dietician but we are awaiting an appointment. Other than this we have had no other medical opinion. We are attending an appointment with CAMHS today and she has put on another 500g which is the requested amount to stay at home. I have had an eating disorder myself, but am in full health now, this has affected their view of how well I can cope considerably throughout her illness.

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
So the paediatrician is content that matters are progressing adequately?