How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Civil litigation question ex husband has applied and been awarded

Customer Question

Civil litigation question ex husband has applied and been awarded a default certificate despite agreeing to pay cost as assessed and in keeping with with judges order at a previous hearing I did not dispute bill of cost and yet he sought default cost order without informing me and had this order sent to a previous address knowing this rental property was unoccupied. The result was I had no time to dispute the need for this Happening in addition to which it also had to be paid in 14 days ex husband and his solicitor and on benefits equally this default cost could result in my ex husband potentially seeking his solicitors full amount of his bill of cost £31,000.00.The judge had ordered that I only had to pay 15 %of £ 20,000.00 a sum of less than 5,000.00. My concern is I do not have a solicitor to represent in the civil case do have solicitor for ancillary relief proceedings that will follow these proceedings and had been told not entitled to legal aid for civil proceeding. Worried sick regarding the above possible outcome no one to seek legal advice from cannot offered to pay for it what actions could I take to prevent this happening by defending this myself could I apply for some order myself .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and my apologies for the delay.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Could you explain what has happened with a little more detail so that I can begin to help you make your way through this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would you please cancel and refund me please