How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
Family Law
This answer was rated:

A friend has asked us if we can have a four year old live with

us for a while, there... Show More
us for a while, there. . is no finances involved. Can she live here with parental consent, we do not want to break the law, but we would like to help them.
with regards
Show Less
Ask Your Own Family Law Question
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do both parents agree and how long is this likely to be for?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

yes both parents agree and she will be here six to twelve months. they have requested this. They have recently moved here from Romania and are sorting out housing problems.

kind regards.

Will they be close by - or some way away?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

They will be close by, five to ten minutes away.

There is nothing wrong in the child living with you with the Consent of the parents.
It woudl be helpful to you if they write a simple letter authorising you to deal with medical issue that arise when the child is in your care - which will mean that routine trips to the doctor and dentist can be dealt with by you rather than having to involve the parents
technically this is a Private Foster Care arrangement and it shoudl be reported to Social Services as such.
You can read more about that here
Please ask if you need further details