How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have a consent order dated 11 March 2003. Is this enforc

Customer Question

I have a consent order dated 11 March 2003. Is this enforceable?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is the Order about and which part do you need to enforce?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is regarding my divorce and finances. My ex husband is paying maintenance but not what is on the court order and hasn't done for years. I'm more concerned however about a provision that has been made for university education. He is ordered to pay for accommodation and tuition costs. Tuition costs have changed since then so my daughter will be able to repay once she is earning above 21k but I know he will not pay the accommodation. I want this clarified so I know how to move forward.

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
My apologies for the delay.
how old is your daughter now and has he ever involved the CSA?
How much should he be paying and how much does he actually pay?
May I ask why you have not enforced the Order in the past?