How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Me and my ex-girlfriend split up about 2years ago... she went

Customer Question

me and my ex-girlfriend split up about 2years ago... she went on hollidays and decided not to come back.. which was not a problem as the relationship wasn't on it's best.
But without any caring about our daughter.. which lives with me.
She's now 8years old..
after some time i got into court and got a
now i would like to know what do i need to do to have full responsability over my daughter.. as for documents, traveling, etc. without having to get permission from my ex in any ways... since she's also using my daughter child benefit abroad as i just found out.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you named on the birth certificate?
Are you receiving the Uk benefits for your daughter?
What difficulties are you having with regard to your care of the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes my name is ***** ***** birth certificate

i'm not receiving any benefits

i work full time and never had them

no difficulties at all..

its just getting the papers in order

as sometimes my mum wants to travel with her abd it might beca problem without My daughters mum signature for permission

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean that your ex is still receiving the Child Benefit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just found out that shes been using it abroad

according to the bank statements that ive seen

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
When you say that your mother wishes to travel with the child - where would she wish to take her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just Europe..

the last time i went to a solicitor and asked for a document signed by me giving permission for my daughter to fly with my mum..

on the way back they asked for my daughters mum signature..

and said the only reason my daughter was flying back was because it said on the passport

born in Uk.

basically i want something that says that im fully responsible for my daughter

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
You are fully entitled to claim the Child Benefit since the child lives with you
Do you have an address for your ex?