How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can my ex partner(the father of my son) prevent my new

This answer was rated:

Can my ex partner(the father of my son) prevent my new partner from staying over sometimes at the property i live in?

He has moved his own new partner in, and our son stays with each of us equal amounts of time.

This seems unfair.

Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Unless there is something about your new partner that makes him a risk to your child then no he cannot stop you from having your new partner stay overnight
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you