How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Ex walked out during pregnancy leaving me and child from

Customer Question

Ex walked out during pregnancy leaving me and child from previous relationship. He has been difficult wanting more and more access to the new baby who is now 7 months old. As he always starts arguments and has only been seeing the baby the past 2 months I have said 1 afternoon a week. Now he is threatening court. He lives an hour away and has no bond with baby. Where do I stand with this? He is not on birth certificate.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Where does contact take place?
What contact has he asked for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi it takes place at my house as the baby doesn't even know him the baby gets upset so it is distressing for baby all ready when he does go by him. He wants to take the baby out but hasn't lasted more than half an hour on a visit with him. Does he have parental responsibility? And would the courts split the children up for him to have more access. What rights as a mom have I got because it's disrupting my new born me and my other child. Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Would you be willing to use a Contact Centre?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No way. My baby is 5 months old I work and why should my baby be distressed because he can't keep his mouth shut and just see him. He has seen him a handful of times so the baby cries here when I leave them, so at a contact centre he would be even worse. My priority is baby not him
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a family member who would deal with the ocntact for you so that it does not take place in your home or your presence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. My family will not have any contact with him. He should be happy that he is seeing him so all this nonsense about other members and places arranging access for my baby son isn't going to happen. And could you answer the previous questions I have asked you, it has been a few days now that I have waited for an answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hiya will you be giving me my answers to the questions I have paid for and asked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow no answers to my question then they have the cheek to send me a 25 percent off next question... An answer would have been fine! Don't do it guys... Rip off and you don't get answers