How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My partner and i live together but have separated. I pay all

Customer Question

My partner and i live together but have separated. I pay all the bills. The mortgage and deeds have my name on them only. My partner contributed £17,000 towards the deposit when we purchased the house 7 months ago. I wish to evict her and her 16 year old daughter after her infidelity. Can i do this and what is the minimum period of notice I have to give her? I am prepared to take out a loan to pay het £17K back immediately if necessary.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Was a Declaration of Trust drawn up to protect her investment?