How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Thanks advice. I agree my ex has full right to see

This answer was rated:

Thanks for your advice. I agree my ex has full right to see our daughter at weekends, But she works friday & saturdays and she seems unwilling to let me trade a day in the week for one at the weekend. I have tried in the past mediation/counselling routes but she is not interested and refused to agree to this.
My work allows me to flexible as to when I can see my daughter, so if she does decide to try and prevent me from spending time with my daughter, could I see a solicitor and get them to send a letter outlining a sensible timetable of days/nights? and if so how much would the solicitors charge me?!?
Thank you for your question.
Your ex does not have the right to dictate contact
However there is little point in starting with a solicitor given that you cannot make a Court applictaion until you have been to a MIAM (mediation meeting) yourself.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your response.

Firstly, if I arrange and attend an MIAM meeting and my partner does not wish to attend, would there be any need to have any further mediation meetings, or is it usual to obtain a C100, court order etc.

If your ex refuses mediation then the next step is indeed a Court Application
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you