How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am really concerned that I rely on my ex-partner

Customer Question

I am really concerned that I rely on my ex-partner for childcare support during the week, and he has now starting seeing a lady with 2 children not very long ago and now wants to introduce my daughter to her after only weeks of being together. How can I slow that process down to protect my child and know this will not happen again as he becomes abusive and difficult when trying to explain it is not about him but the child. I have gone through this suituation at least 3 times and this will be the 4th she is only 5 and I worry for her security.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much time does your child spend with her father
How long have they actually been together?