How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My partner and I have been to a child protection conference regarding the wellbeing of

This answer was rated:

Hi, my partner and I have been to a child protection conference regarding the wellbeing of his son age 5 today. The information that was given regarding the care his mother is providing was shocking and scarey. The children in her care are being put on a child protection plan and social services are seeking legal advice on how to take this further. She is guilty of neglect, emotional abuse and allowing her partners to be physically abussive to the children. We no longer want my partners son to spend unsupervised time with his mother and are looking for advice on how to proceed.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What time does the child spend with her at the moment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
At the moment he is with her Monday - Friday, and his dad Friday - Sunday. Except school holidays where dad has him majority. However, this is only due to practically of school, and dad would have him more if possible.
Could arrangements be made for the child to live with his father full time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Definitely. But mum doesn't want this
Will Social Services support the move?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, they are also seeking legal advice on the next steps.
In that case given the abuse your partner can make an Urgent Application to the Court for a Child Arrangement Order stating that the child lives with him.
The Form he needs is here
and here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you