How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35091
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

AFter i agreed that ex-husband could pay child maintenance

This answer was rated:

AFter i agreed that ex-husband could pay child maintenance directly to me i had to call the child maintenance service on three separate occasions to advise them to stop paying me. they finally did and now they are chasing me to get the money back. Do i have to pay this back even if i asked them to stop paying me 3x?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that if an overpayment was made it will have to be returned despite the fact that you told them not to give it to you.
I know it is unreasonable but sadly that is the law.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you