How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am polish and has been living in UK since 2003. I have a

Customer Question

I am polish and has been living in UK since 2003. I have a child age 3 who holds British passport. I planned to go to my homeland for 2 months for Summer to visit my mum who is seriously ill and spend some quality time there with my son who is in touch with his grandmother since he was born. Recently out of the blue i received a court papers regarding hearing and my ex who has not been in touch for last 5 months placed an application for contact asking court to block my movements as i could abduct the child. I did not have this intention, however i am not able to go on holiday to visit my mother. Is there anything i could do to change this at the next hearing what will take a place on Tuesday 16th June. Is it not like braking my human rights for free movement? Can this order be relaxed so I can travel to Poland with my child to spend holiday with my family? What could i say to the judge to get the permission for this holiday? I am representing myself at the court.  I went for a legal advice and i was informed this order is unlikely to be relaxed until the case will be closed, then i have to each time ask my child's father for permition if would like to travel to Poland. I do not understand this i have done nothing wrong, i feel like being treated as a criminal for nothing. The child is reside with me. Father is named on the birth certificate. do i really have to ask my ex every time i want to take my son to a trip for his permition? Is there anything i could do i do not know maybe an order put in place so i do not have to seek this permition from my ex?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What nationality is your ex and what Contact has he asked for?
Do you have a job here in the Uk that your will need to return to?