How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I'm trying to find out where I stand in the payments

This answer was rated:

Hello, I'm trying to find out where I stand in the payments of my court agreed child maintenance.
Son 1, aged 21 in December and studying in Uni.
Son 2, aged 18, starting apprenticeship in September after being in college.
Daughter 1, aged 16, moving in with myself and starting college in September.
Court order states I continue to pay while in full education, including high education, I pay £150 per child.
Do I stop paying for son 1 when he turned 20? I read that this is the case but not sure and have been paying. Do I stop paying my ex wife when my daughter start living with me?
Thank you for your help in this matter.
Best regards
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
In fact the Order is clear and you will need to pay for Son 1 until he finishes his degree.
You can stop payments for your daughter when she moves to live with you - indeed yo can then apply for Child Maintenance from your ex.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you