How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Our Son is living in Spain over 4 years with his 7 year old

This answer was rated:

Our Son is living in Spain over 4 years with his 7 year old daughter.Has all legal documents in Spain he has Sole custerdy. Our Son would like to no if these documents are legal in England
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
They are certainly recognised in England - but he will need the permission of the mother to remove the child from Spain permanently
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Clare

Our Son Leaves permanently in Spain His wife moved back to England

4 years ago is now living with another man and has had another child with him. Should our son visit England is it possible that she could stop him returning to Spain with his Daughter

Thank You for your advice

No not at all - unless he stays here with the child for more than six months
Clare and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Clare

One other request Our Son asked us to do, Was to ring Basil don

District Child protection Social Services (up to date Padron )

This was advised by his Solicitor. Can you advice us on this.

Thanking You

Why would you call Social Services?
Why would they be involved at all?