How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have been married months. I own a substantial share

Customer Question

I have been married for 18 months. I own a substantial share portfolio which was my own money and set up by me and in my own name (not my husband's) I also won a property abroad which is solely in my name and purchased with my own money. Can my new husband have any call on this if we divorce
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Did you cohabit prior to the marriage - if so for how long?
Who owns the matrimonial home?