How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am divorced mum with 11 yr old daughter father deadbeat no

This answer was rated:

I am divorced mum with 11 yr old daughter father deadbeat no contribution at all towards child ever! He has remarried and distraught that she has withdrawn all contact at her own vocation. I work in film industry and have been offered project in August thru April approx ....I live in UK with my child and guardian parent. Question is... What are the correct steps with other estranged divorced, remarried, parent re: temporary location of our child as she obviously travel and relocate, accept schooling from the two countries I shall be working in which will be Germany (Berlin) and PRC (Hong Kong). What are the steps to inform my local authority etc as she has been awarded a place in our local secondary school starting September? I must work in order to maintain financial remuneration to facilitate our lives I do not intend to be separated from our daughter as she is only 11. I have nanny in residence at the moment who minor is comfortable with ...nanny will also travel to continue continuity of care, (x2 dogs also!). Please advise, procedure, steps vis a vis local authority and any other pitfalls that may need to be negated before we leave?..!,, cannot find any rational response during searches so far!!! hELP!
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is the father aware that you intend to take the Child abroad?
Will she need to return to the UK school in April?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No he is not aware and yes we will rtn to uk when project ends. Next April/may
When did she last see her father?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

January 2014. She has lived with me in the UK for 11 years and he made occasional visits and was put up in my home for this time. He has since remarried and made no attempt to visit his daughter since nor contribute towards her cost in anyway despite many is 11/2 yars since he saw her. In January 2014 I paid for him in full to go to Disney Land Paris with us for New Years so he could spend time with her. He never enquires about her whereabouts or status.

Do you think he will object to you taking the child abroad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes as he has threatened me many times by sending deflamatory links from his email address insinuating that he will report me for fictious child abuse and neglect, and all counts under us law of an unfit parent.....he will do anything to punish me for leaving him, even though he is married again. He registered as me in my name at the priory even though I don't have an addiction at all on any count! He reported me to social services for negelct and abuse of our child, they closed the case and stated theat the accusations were absurd vis a vis the level of love and care given to my little girl. Social Services referred to the report against me as 'Malicious in the Extreme'. I would rather not inform him if possible, or do it through a legal 3rd party or mediator.

I am afraid that technically you will need your ex's agreement, or an order from the court, to take the child out of the Country like this - and if you do not and he finds out then there is an excellent chance that your ex will report you for Child Abduction .
You need to notify him that you will be travelling and give him the details
It is then up to him to issue a court applictaion if need be.
If he does then you will have no problem as I have no doubt that the court will grant you permission to take the trip.
Assuming that the school offer is for a school you wish your daughter to go to then it would be best to approach the school directly and ask if they can hold the place open for her.
If they cannot do so then you will have to gamble that there will be a place when you return.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you